Monday, September 14, 2009

Weeks 4-8


Joey has been growing like a weed (at least it seems that way to me), she is still in preemie diapers, but has outgrown some of her preemie clothes (yay!!)


My mom came into town on Aug 5th, she's been helping out a lot with Joey, so I can actually get some sleep



On August 7th I took Joey for a weight check. She was getting a bit too long for her car-bed and I had a feeling she was big enough for a "big girl car-seat", sure enough our little peanut weighed 5lbs 3oz. It took the nurse about 45 minutes to get Joey fitted into the car-seat, and then it took me another 40 minutes to figure out how to anchor the base onto the back seat and how to lock in the seat into the base. It ended up that the nurse didn't fit Joey properly, so I had to have Michele fit Joey (did I mention that I am thankful for her??). But it all worked out good and Joey is getting used to her car-seat.


We went to WIC on Aug 12th and Peanut is now up to 5lbs 5oz and is 18" long!! She continues to amaze me!!


On Aug 14th I noticed her belly button was sticking out about a 1/2", this wouldn't have freaked me out too much, except that it was a bluish purple color. Of course I panicked and called the Dr. We were headed out to Pigeon Forge to meet up with my best friend (Jennie) and her kids (Mykenzie and Evan), I needed to make sure Joey was going to be ok before we went anywhere. Dr. said it was just a hernia and is common in all babies, the color is because Joey's skin is fairly thin, so we were just seeing the blood vessels. Good news is that Joey went up to 5lbs 6oz. Dr. told us to try and increase her intake to 3 oz (she was on 1 1/2 per feeding) per feeding. Past few days Joey has been taking 2 oz per feeding, but we will keep trying for that extra ounce!!



Spent the 14th, 15th hanging out with Jennie and the kids. I took pictures (which I will upload as soon as I can). The kids were so excited to finally be able to meet Joey, it was fantastic!! It might be just me, but it seemed like Joey was happy to meet them too.







No comments:

Post a Comment